UPDATE: This position is now filled.
Role Clarification & Key Performance Areas
The Inter-University Institute for Data-Intensive Astronomy (IDIA) seeks to appoint an Administrator and Project Officer in support of its Development and Outreach programme.
- Provide administrative, executive and logistical support to the IDIA Associate Director for Development and Outreach
- Provide academic administration in support of IDIA staff and students enrolled at UWC
- Work with the Associate Director, Development and Outreach in the implementation and maintenance of programmes and partnerships building
- Manage financial affairs for IDIA at UWC and liaise with the IDIA administrative manager at UCT
- Provide project management for the IDIA Hackathon programme and the BRICS Intelligent Telescope and Data Network, of which IDIA is a co-principal investigator
- Have excellent organising and communications skills
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification at NQF level 7
- Experience in the development of websites and associated tools for managing web content
- Experience with social media
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Relevant project management experience
- Relevant administrative experience
Experience with the following would be advantageous:
- Partnership building and skills in working with people with diverse backgrounds
- Some knowledge of Astronomy or experience with data-intensive projects
In your application, you are encouraged to highlight your strengths and also include anything else that you feel may be pertinent to the selection panel. Please attach your covering letter, a detailed curriculum vitae and highest qualification to your online profile. To be considered for this vacancy, you must click on the Apply for this Job link below or apply directly via UWC Careers at https://uwc.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll. For any queries, please contact the Human Resources Department at +27 21 959 4063/9763/9708/3551/3756 or email: email@example.comEQUITY DISCLAIMER: In line with the University’s commitment to diversifying its workforce, preference will be given to suitably qualified applicants in line with Employment Targets of the University. The University reserves the right to not make an appointment, make an appointment at a different level, seek additional candidates and may conduct competency assessments.